Scientists from another world gathered DNA from sword masters of hundreds of different races to create the ultimate swordsman using advanced technology. They named him Saber. His sword can tear a hole in spacetime, allowing him to travel to any place or time. His skills as a swordsman make him difficult to defeat, and also lonely beyond compare. After countless challengers were drawn to the land of dawn, Saber also turned his sights on this place, ripping through the fabric of space and time to set foot in the land of dawn and find an opponent worthy enough to face him.
Passive – Every attack will lower target’s armor 5, stacking up to 10 layer(s). Lasts 5s.
Works well with your 3 active skills. Every hit will lower the enemy’s armor.
1st Skill – Shoots out 4 flying swords, with each sword dealing up to 160/185/210/235/260/285 pts of physical damage. Swords will spin around the hero for a time and then fly back to Saber. Using the Charge ability will call the swords back earlier.
A great skill for clearing out minions, chasing enemies and during clash. The passive skill works with this skill which can easily lower the enemies armor while you are in a safe distance.
2nd Skill – Charges towards a specified place, dealing 80/100/120/140/160/180 pts of physical damage to enemies along the way.
Teleports you to a short distance. Great for escaping as well as ganking.
3rd Skill – Attacks an enemy hero, knocking the target airborne and then dealing 3 blows in a row, each blow causing 220/260/300 pts of physical damage to the enemy.
This is an instant teleport to your enemy while dealing 3 blows and disabling them for a short time.
Skill build should be max 1st skill and 3rd skill. Upgrade 2nd skill only when no other skill is available.
Magic Blade – (costs 1710) +60 Physical Attack +24 Magic Resistance, Unique Passive-Lifeline: When HP drops below 30%, get one shield that can absorb 510-1350 damage. (Increases with level)
- This item is a lifesaver for you. Because of your 3rd skill, expect to be pummeled with damage during clash. This item will give you a temporary shield once your HP goes below 30% allowing you to escape with your 2nd skill.
Bloodlust Axe – (costs 1970) +70 Physical Attack, Unique: +20% Cooldown Reduction, Uniqe Passive-Bloodthirsty: When skills cause damage, heals 15% of damage as HP for the hero.
- This is a great item for saber because it allows you to get something in return from spamming your 1st skill. Plus the 20% cooldown reduction is a must.
Magic Shoes – (costs 710) +10% Cooldown Reduction, Unique: +40 Movement Speed
- The 10% cooldown reduction is what you need. You will rarely use basic attack with this build which means you don’t need attack speed boots.
Hunter Strike – (costs 2010) +100 Physical Attack, +10% Cooldown Reduction, Unique Passive-Pursue: Attacks the enemy 5 times in a row and improves the hero’s movement speed by 30% for 2s. This effect has a cooldown of 15s.
- It has decent damage and a 10% cooldown reduction.
Bloodthirsty King – (costs 2380) +1550 HP Unique Passive-Bloodlust: A kill or assist regens 20% of hero’s HP within 5s. 10s cooldown.
- You will be getting lots of assist because of your first skill. This item’s Unique Passive-Bloodlust will give you 20% HP regen for every assists. Also, let’s not forget that you get extra 1550 HP. You can change this with any defense item of your choice.
Blade of Despair – (costs 3010) +130 Physical Attack, +25% Attack Speed, +10% Critical Strike Chance, Unique Passive-Despair: Deals an extra 10% damage to an enemy in any abnormal state (stunned. knocked airborne, transformed, disabled)
- This works well with your 3rd skill. An extra 10% damage is dealt when you knock your opponent airborne. This is interchangeable with Fallen Sword (deal 8% of the target’s current HP as additional physical damage) because by the time you get this it is already late game and most mage and fighters have huge HPs by then.
By the time you reach level 15 and you are using the first four items your cooldown duration should be around these figures:
- 1st Skill – 4.8 seconds cooldown
- 2nd Skill – 5.4 seconds cooldown
- 3rd Skill – 15.6 seconds cooldown
You will need to use his ability to go in and out of clash fast. Here is a combination of skills to use:
- During clash you need to stay at the back of the tanks and fighters while spamming his 1st skill.
- Once an enemy’s health is low you may use the 3rd skill for the kill. If you set your attack mode to choose the lowest HP you will be able to teleport and attack the hero with the lowest HP.
- If there are no immediate threat remaining you may use your 1st skill to further damage the remaining enemies. If there are still heroes with disable you need to get out of the way fast because of your low HP. Use the 2nd skill to dash out of the clash.
- Once you are in a safe distance behind the tanks you may use your 1st skill again. This is why items that reduce cooldown can greatly benefit you.
Ganking is one of his specialty especially if you have a teammate with disable.
- You may initiate by using your 3rd skill to allow your teammate to get into position.
- The enemy will either fight or run depending on their HP. Use the first skill for more damage and to lower their armor.
- Once your blades have returned, your enemy is probably running by now. You can use your 2nd skill to teleport beside them to follow up a few more basic attacks.
When escaping a clash or a gank there are certain heroes that can easily follow you once you have used your 2nd skill for escape. This is where Flicker comes in handy. You get to do double teleport giving you ample distance. Figthers like Yun Zhao or Freya have teleport skills. Getting away from them may require the need for Flicker.
Spamming 1st Skill
During the early stages of the game your mana is limited. It can be hard to rely on the regen ability to spam your first skill. That is why it is recommended to get a Magic Necklace right at the start of the game. It only costs 120 gold. During the early stages of the game you get to easily harass your enemies in a safe distance. Once you reach around level 9 you can sell this item for 75 gold. For only 50 gold you get to harass your enemy lane with ease.
- 10% mana regeneration
Just remember to sell it once you think your mana is enough to save up for space for new items.